Senior Software Engineer
Advoc8 is Australia’s leading platform for government relations teams. We’re looking for skilled engineers to help us change the way large organisations like Uber interact with policy makers.
We already work with some of the best in the business, but there’s plenty more to do.
Our technical goals this year span:
- Piloting a new geospatial political mapping app and bringing it to market;
- Re-imagining our customer facing front end using React JS;
- Engineering integrations between our backend and third party services; and
- Experimenting with graph databases and using them to map political influence.
It’s pretty broad! So if you’re interested in any of the above, we’d love to chat.
We’re a small team with big ambitions, so your skills and interests will drive the direction of the company.
- Industrious, pragmatic approach to writing software
- Strong technical background with the learned confidence to experiment and self direct
- Communicative style - you like discussing technical concepts and talking through hypotheticals
- Experience writing web applications, preferably with Ruby or JS.
- Modern development practice - CD/CI etc.
- Experience architecting ReactJS applications from the ground up
- Experience with any of:
- Ruby on Rails
- Amazon AWS ecosystem
- GIS/Mapping libraries like Leaflet JS
- Graph databases like Neo4j